Sat Aug 14 – Sat Oct 2 5pm
Salmon Only (Chinook or Coho)
4th $200 value prize package
5th $100 value prize package
Bonus $1300 for the first Salmon over 35lbs!
Everyone who buys a ticket is eligible to for the Scotty Electric Downrigger Draw!
Weigh stations: Fishermans Pier, Bills Bait & Tackle, Grimsby Tackle, Peters Tackle, St Catharines Marina & the SCGFA launch ramp.
Tickets available at Peters Tackle, Grimsby Tackle & online here: https://www.eventbrite.com/myevent?eid=166012077593
shore anglers welcome!
Weigh stations: Peters Tackle, Grimsby Tackle, St Catharines Marina & at the SCGFA ramp at designated times.
ST CATHARINES GAME & FISH ASSOCIATION FALL DERBY RULES AND REGULATIONS
1 The Spring Derby will commence on Saturday AUG 14, 2021 at 12:00 AM and conclude on Saturday, Oct 2, 2021 at 5:00 pm.
2 The eligible species and minimum weights are Salmon 20lbs.
3. The Derby boundaries are all public waters of Lake Ontario & the lower Niagara River (Ont & NY) Shore anglers are welcome to enter. Trespassing on private property is & fishing in designated sanctuaries is prohibited.
4. All participants must possess a valid fishing license for the waters they are fishing unless exempt by law and abide by all Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and and/or New York State Department of Environmental Conservation regulations when & where applicable. NY waters only open if COVID closure is lifted.
5. Any fish with evidence of foul play or having been tampered with or artificially altered weight & any attempt to falsify entries will result in disqualification and prize forfeiture.
7. Ranking of all fish will be based upon the gross weight of the individual fish entered. In the event of a tie, the first fish weighed in according to the weigh-in sheet will be placed ahead.
8. When fishing from a boat, ALL OCCUPANTS of the boat must:
a) possess a valid individual Fall Derby ticket or;
b) be included in a Fall Derby family ticket (covers 2 spouses and their kids 16 & under or;
c) the “named captain” of the given vessel must hold a Fall Derby Boat Ticket. A boat ticket may also be used as an individual derby ticket by the listed “captain” if he/she is fishing aboard another boat.
9. Derby tickets must be purchased a minimum of one day prior to derby fishing & entering a fish to be eligible for a prize. Daily tickets must be purchased the day before fishing by 11:59pm. All fish must be weighed & entered within 24 hrs of being caught.
10. Every fish entered must have been caught by the named participant entering such fish. Entrants may enter as many fish as they wish, subject to minimum weights, but may only win one prize per species & per category.
11. All fish entered must be in good condition, with no deterioration or decomposition, for positive identification by the Derby judges.
12. Entrants may be required to sign an affidavit attesting to the validity of any prize winning entry and at the discretion of the Derby judges may be required to take a polygraph examination.
13. The SCGFA will not be liable to or for the loss of property, or for injury or death, to the person of any contestant or spectator. Participants compete in this derby at their own risk and by paying the entry fee agree to hold this association, the sponsors, the agents and employees therefore harmless from any liabilities, claims and costs of any nature whatsoever.
14. Prize winners will be notified by the Derby judges at the conclusion of the Derby. Prizes will be given at a date TBA
15. Any dispute pertaining to the eligibility, acceptability, the weight of any fish or the interpretation and application of these rules shall be determined by the Derby judges whose decision shall be final and binding.
16. Each entrant, by paying the entry fee, acknowledges that he or she has read and understands the rules of this derby and agrees to abide by them.
17. All cash and prizes are valued and awarded in Canadian funds only.
18. Participants are welcome to weigh/enter a fish in more than one derby or tournament as long as all rules for both events are complied with.
19. All participants must produce their Derby ticket(s) when weighing in their fish.
20. All participants will have their fish punched and inspected when entered if in contention. This is a shared responsibility of the weigh station and the angler.
21. Fish must be weighed in at official Derby weigh stations during their regular business hours. Please note these hours vary station to station.
22 The draw for one (1) Scotty Electric Downrigger will take place when the Derby awards are presented TBA. Everyone who buys a ticket for each derby is automatically entered in the draw. Additionally everyone who places in the top 5 on the main board will also get an additional entry.
RANDOM CHECKS MAY BE CONDUCTED BY DERBY OFFICIALS AND CLUB EXECUTIVES
TO ENSURE THAT ALL ANGLERS FISHING TOGETHER HAVE A VALID DERBY TICKET.
PLEASE REPORT ALL SUSPICIOUS PRACTICE OR BEHAVIOUR TO DERBY OFFICIALS IMMEDIATELY.
YOUR WEIGH STATION WILL BE GLAD TO ASSIST OR CALL 905-937-6335 AND DERBY OFFICIALS WILL INVESTIGATE FURTHER