View Rules & Regulations
FALL SALMON DERBY RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The Fall Derby will commence on Saturday Aug 12, 2017 and conclude on Saturday, Sept 16, 2017 at 5:00 pm.
- The eligible species and minimum weights are Chinook and Coho Salmon 20lbs. NO MINIMUM WEIGHTS FOR JUNIOR DIVISION.
- The Derby boundaries are all of Lake Ontario, the lower Niagara River (below the falls), Port Dalhousie Harbor, Hamilton Harbor, Bronte Creek (lake side of hwy #2), Credit River (lake side of hwy #2). All other harbors, tributaries and waterways are out of bounds, including the fenced areas of Snug Harbor and the Four Falls in Port Dalhousie
- All participants must possess a valid Canadian or New York State fishing license unless exempt by law and abide by Ministry of Natural Resources and or New York StateDepartment of Environmental Conservation regulations.
- Any fish with evidence of net, gaff or snag marks, or having been tampered with or artificially weighted, including ice or water will immediately disqualify the participant.
- Any attempt in any manner to falsify entries will result in prosecution and prize forfeiture.
- Ranking of all fish will be based upon the gross weight of the individual fish entered. In the event of a tie, the first fish weighed in will be placed ahead.
- When fishing from a boat, ALL OCCUPANTS of the boat must:
- a) possess a valid individual Fall Derby ticket or
- b) be included in a Fall Derby family ticket (cover 2 spouses and their children 16 & under) or
- c) the “named captain” of the given vessel must hold a Fall Derby Boat Ticket. A boat ticket may be also be used as an individual derby ticket by only the listed “captain” if he/she is fishing aboard another boat.
- Derby tickets must be purchased a minimum of one day prior to fishing and entering a fish to be eligible for a prize. Daily tickets must be purchased the day before fishing by 11:59pm and any qualifying fish must be caught and weighted the next day.
- Every fish entered must have been caught by the participant entering such fish. Entrants may enter as many fish as they wish, subject to minimum weights, but may only win one prize. Underweight fish will be disqualified.
- All fish entered must be in good condition, with no deterioration or decomposition, for positive identification by the Derby judges.
- Entrants may be required to sign an affidavit attesting to the validity of any prize winning entry and at the discretion of the Derby judges may be required to take a polygraph examination.
- This Association will not be liable to or for the loss of property, or for the injury to the person of any contestant or spectator. Participants compete in this derby at their own risk and by paying the entry fee agree to hold this association, the sponsors, the agents and employees therefore harmless from any liabilities, claims and costs of any nature whatsoever.
- Prize winners will be notified by the Derby judges at the conclusion of the Derby.
- Any dispute pertaining to the eligibility, acceptability, the weight of any fish or the interpretation and application of these rules shall be determined by the Derby judges whose decision shall be final and binding.
- Each entrant, by paying the entry fee, acknowledges that he or she has read and understands the rules of this derby and agrees to abide by them.
- All prize winners are responsible for paying any taxes and/or duties which are applicable to the prize won.
- Participants are welcome to weigh and enter a qualifying fish in more than one derby or tournament.
- All participants must produce their Derby ticket(s) when weighing in their fish. If applicable, the “named captain” (holder) of a boat ticket must also be present at weigh in. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All participants will have their fish punched and inspected when entered if in contention. This is a shared responsibility of the weigh station and the angler.
- Fish must be weighed in at official Derby weigh stations during their regular business hours. Please note these hours vary station to station.
- All cash and prizes are valued and awarded in Canadian funds only.
- All anglers will practice the Anglers Code of Ethics Catch and Release and agree to only enter fish that can qualify for a posted prize.
- The Junior Division will run concurrently with the Main Derby and is open to any eligible angler 16 years of age or under at the time of the catch. The same fish cannot be entered in both the Main Derby and Junior Division.
- The draw for one (1) Scotty High Performance Electric Downrigger will take place at the September awards ceremony. Everyone who buys a ticket for each derby is automatically entered in the draw.
RANDOM CHECKS MAY BE CONDUCTED BY DERBY OFFICIALS AND CLUB EXECUTIVES
TO ENSURE THAT ALL ANGLERS FISHING TOGETHER HAVE A VALID DERBY TICKET.
PLEASE REPORT ALL SUSPICIOUS PRACTICE OR BEHAVIOUR TO DERBY OFFICIALS IMMEDIATELY.
YOUR WEIGH STATION WILL BE GLAD TO ASSIST OR CALL 905-937-6335 AND DERBY OFFICIALS WILL INVESTIGATE FURTHER.