View Rules & Regulations
- The 2019 SCGFA MEMBERS MEMORIAL SALMON SLAM will commence on Saturday May 25, 2019 at 12 AM and conclude on Sunday June 30, 2019 at 5pm. Registered boats may fish at any time at their own between these dates at their own discretion.
- Registration cut-off is 5pm Friday May 24 5pm . No exceptions. $50 per boat + a 2019 SCGFA membership.
- The eligible species are Chinook and Coho Salmon
- Anglers may fish Canadian and U.S.A waters of Lake Ontario.
- All participants must abide by all Ministry of Natural Resources regulations where applicable.
- Any fish with evidence of net, gaff or snag marks, or having been tampered with or artificially weighted, will immediately disqualify the participant.
- Any attempt in any manner to falsify entries will result in prosecution and prize forfeiture.
- For 6 weeks, Sat-Fri, (and on the last week, Sat-Sun) the captain of each registered boat may enter one Salmon per week at any time during open hours at the SCGFA Ramp shack. The captain may fish with anyone over the course of the MMSS, but Salmon may only be entered in the name of the registered boat and captain which they were caught from. You may not “upgrade” the weights at any time. One fish per week per boat.
- Final standing results will be based upon the total gross weight of 5 Salmon. In the event of a tie, the team with the largest single Salmon will win. If there is still a tie, the payout will be split 50/50
- The SCGFA guarantees it will pay 40% of the entry fees plus $500 to 1st place, 20% to 2nd place and 10% to 3rd in the form of a cheque. Remaining 30% goes to future SCGFA project fund.
- There is no minimum size requirement to enter fish.
- Everyone is welcome to enter but the registered captain must have a 2019 SCGFA membership.
- All fish entered must be in good condition, with no deterioration or decomposition, for positive identification by the Derby judges. Participants are welcome to weigh and enter a qualifying fish in more than one derby or tournament as long as all of the above rules are complied with for all events.
- Fish must only be weighed in at the St Catharines Game & Fish Association Launch ramp in Port Dalhousie. All fish must be weighed within 24 hrs of being caught.
- Entrants may be required to sign an affidavit attesting to the validity of any prize winning entry and at the discretion of the Derby judges may be required to take a polygraph examination.
- This Association will not be liable to or for the loss of property, or for the injury to the person of any contestant or spectator.
- Participants compete in this derby at their own risk and by paying the entry fee agree to hold this association, the sponsors, the agents and employees therefore harmless from any liabilities, claims and costs of any nature whatsoever.
- Any dispute pertaining to the eligibility, acceptability, the weight of any fish or the interpretation and application of these rules shall be determined by the competition judges whose decision shall be final and binding.
- All prize winners are responsible for paying any taxes and/or duties which are applicable to the prize won.
- All prizes are valued and awarded in Canadian funds only.
Each entrant, by paying the entry fee, acknowledges that he or she has read and understands the rules of this derby and agrees to abide by them.