View Rules & Regulations
2021 SCGFA MEMBERS MEMORIAL SALMON SLAM
1. The 2021 SCGFA MEMBERS MEMORIAL SALMON SLAM will commence on Saturday June 26, 2021 at 12 AM and conclude on July 31, 2021 at 5pm. Registered boats may fish at any time at their own between these dates at their own discretion.
2. Registration cut-off is 5pm Friday June 25 11:59pm. No exceptions. $75 per boat + a 2021 SCGFA membership for the captain
3. The eligible species are Chinook and Coho Salmon
4. Anglers may fish Canadian and U.S.A waters of Lake Ontario.
5. All participants must abide by all Ministry of Natural Resources regulations where applicable.
6. Any fish with evidence of net, gaff or snag marks, or having been tampered with or artificially weighted, will immediately disqualify the participant.
7. Any attempt in any manner to falsify entries will result in prosecution and prize forfeiture.
8. For 5 weeks, the captain of each registered boat may enter 6 Salmon at any time during open hours at the MMSS weigh stations. The captain may fish with anyone over the course of the MMSS, but Salmon may only be entered in the name of the registered boat and captain which they were caught from. You may not “upgrade” the weights at any time. There is no limit to the number of fish which may be entered per week/day per boat.
9. Final standing results will be based upon the total gross weight of 6 Salmon. In the event of a tie, the team with the largest single Salmon will win. If there is still a tie, the payout will be split 50/50.
10. The SCGFA guarantees it will pay 40% of the entry fees plus $500 to 1st place, 20% to 2nd place and 10% to 3rd in the form of a cheque. Remaining 30% goes to future SCGFA project fund.
11. There is no minimum size requirement to enter fish.
12. Everyone is welcome to enter but the registered captain must have a 2021 SCGFA membership.
13. All fish entered must be in good condition, with no deterioration or decomposition, for positive identification by the Derby judges. Participants are welcome to weigh and enter a qualifying fish in more than one derby or tournament as long as all of the above rules are complied with for all events.
14. Fish may be weighed in at any of the MMSS weigh stations. Fishermans Pier, Grimsby Tackle, Peters Tackle, St Catharines Marina & SCGFA launch ramp. All fish must be weighed within 24 hrs of being caught.
15. Entrants may be required to sign an affidavit attesting to the validity of any prize winning entry and at the discretion of the Derby judges may be required to take a polygraph examination.
16. This Association will not be liable to or for the loss of property, or for the injury to the person of any contestant or spectator.
17. Participants compete in this derby at their own risk and by paying the entry fee agree to hold this association, the sponsors, the agents and employees therefore harmless from any liabilities, claims and costs of any nature whatsoever.
18. Any dispute pertaining to the eligibility, acceptability, the weight of any fish or the interpretation and application of these rules shall be determined by the competition judges whose decision shall be final and binding.
19. All prize winners are responsible for paying any taxes and/or duties which are applicable to the prize won.
20. All prizes are valued and awarded in Canadian funds only.
21. You may enter the same fish in other events, as long as all rules are followed accordingly for all events.
Each entrant, by paying the entry fee, acknowledges that he or she has read and understands the rules of this derby and agrees to abide by them
The St Catharines Game and Fish Association is proud to announce the 2021 Members Memorial Salmon Slam. A fun event held in remembrance of all of our various past members to celebrate their contributions and to raise money for more future projects.